A handful of projects to better use my MacBook Pro 13" 2015.
It can be harmful, while pursuing longtermism, to constantly rid yourself of bloated hardware for better hardware. Use what ya got.
I run macOS Catalina on this device, and occasionally start up a VM to run linux. While I would like the flexibility to use this device without starting up any GUI, I manage to live almost entirely in a terminal emulator.
- Kitty: A simple GPU based terminal emulator ~ https://sw.kovidgoyal.net/kitty/
- Aerc: A pretty good email client ~ https://aerc-mail.org
- Tmux & Mosh: For staying connected without a blimp with my remote computers and Raspberry Pis.
- Toot: for browsing Mastodon ~ https://github.com/ihabunek/toot
- Vim: for writing, programming, and viewing text files
- w3m & lynx: for browsing the web.
- weechat: for IRC (usually run remotely over tmux & mosh)
- cordless: a Discord client, for when gaming friends won't move to IRC ~ https://github.com/Bios-Marcel/cordless
- LibreWolf: for full web browsing.